Tuesday 19 October 2010

Day 25 - New Stand

A couple of weeks ago (on Day 13 to be exact) I killed one of my stands so it was time to get a new stand. I had been wanting to get this new stand for quite some time, but I didn't for I had perfectly good stands. Let's call it that the gods were willing to get me my new stand by killing the old one :)

It had rather interesting shapes so (on recommodation of my gf) I decided to take some photos of it.

More after the jump......





It got Killed?


Well yeah! I have the tendency to be good to my equipment and it is always sad when I loose one of the little family to faith, so I say it got killed ;) It got killed in the following way: I was riding on a bumpy road and had the stand strapped to the back of my bike, but because I didn't fasten the screws and bolts well enough one of the key parts vibrated loose and fell to the ground. I actually heard it fall, but there was nothing more I could do for the ground was littered by chestnuts (and what was left of their long driven over cousins). I spent a couple of min searching for it, but in the end I had to report it as MIA (Missing in Action) possibly KIA (Killed in Action). Luckily it died a brave death in the line of duty and will be remembered for the brave work it did, and be recommended for a Purple Heart!


The New Addition to the Family

As I said before I had had my eye on this new stand for quite a while now. The stand is smaller when collapsed, lighter, easier to carry, goes lower but still as high as my previous stands, plus this new and improved version has spikes at the bottom of its feet. You can drive those 10cm spikes right into the ground and this is a great advantage when shooting outdoors with umbrellas.
Not only that, I also like the way it looks :) Yeah I know that sounds a bit weird, but somehow it is nice to have aestethically pleasing equipment, plus it gives your model the feeling that you know what you're doing, even though you often don't have a clue :)
The shapes on the bolts are somehow really interesting to look at, although I don't know why.
Well all in all, I made a photo of it so you can all enjoy its looks :)

1 comment:

  1. That second picture screams "WALL-E" to me xD Don't really know why, but alas...

    And it's great to hear that the family is complete again ^_^ That brave old equipment will be remembered =D

    ReplyDelete