Friday 30 September 2011

England - Part 3 - Hastings and such

As I sit in the train writing this blog post I squint to see the beautiful landscape that surrounds my home town. In the rising sun and with a slight mist everything seems to be beautiful. Long shadows, warm tones and incredibly soft light make for a rather beautiful scenery. It all makes me remember England. Although I have to admit that I didn't see many sunrises there, I saw plenty sunsets. I've often listed the many differences and commonalities between England and Netherlands (yes without the THE because it's more correct) and today I can list another which is sort of both. Brighton has amazing sunsets, both Arnhem/Nijmegen has beautiful sunrises. Brighton is great in spring, where Arnhem/Nijmegen is best in fall.

Sadly I won't get out of bed early to catch that light in the morning. In my mind there is no light as beautiful as the darkness in our room during those five extra minutes of sleep. Ah well, I still have the photos of the sunsets in England.

Read on after the jump >>>>



As we are still in England I will tell you a little about the photos I took there. The photo above is of just a man. I was taking a few shots of the sunset from a bit further back, when this bloke just walked up and started setting up. Well if you want to be rude you'll simply end up in my portfolio. He actually did me a favor for I like this photo way better than I do the ones without him in it. So no model here, just a bloke who happened to be in the frame :)
The photo to the right though is not really of a sunset, but it already was a late afternoon and the sun was hanging quite low though not quite low enough the bring in the warmer tones. It slightly reminds me of a Arnhem morning. Oh and BTW, this is a photo of Hastings, like 1066, like defeating the bloody Frogs. Well, you know....


So another sunset to the left. Although it is centered and not obeying the rule of thirds I think it is really interesting for it works as a focus-centered backdrop instead of the main subject of the photo. The interesting thing and main subject of the photo is the weird Star Wars-like-stand-thingy. That, in combination with the roofs make for a perfect rule of thirds. I love this photo!
I love the colours, composition and strangeness of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment