Monday 26 September 2011

Holiday in France - Part 3 - Friends

And one more please... Not only do I have another post today with a photo of Yalmar which I believe to be one of the coolest photos I have taken during the holiday, I also have some good news.
I dropped off the not yet printed film roll at my (very) local photo store and they have given me the best news this week: They can print it!!
Which means, that what is supposed to be me best roll, will in fact be up very soon. Coming Wednesday I will pick up the prints and hopefully put them up on Thursday morning.
In the meanwhile I will be showing you some pics I took of my friends.
Have fun!
Read on after the jump >>>>



As I was telling you earlier, we had some pretty good times in France with all the food and wine and what not! But if there is one thing that makes a brilliant dinner table even better it simply has to be good company. Next to my amazing girlfriend we had friends staying in the area with whom we often shared a good bottle of wine. One day the four of us went out to walk the "reversed-bath-tub-hike" out to one of the more idyllic spots of France. There is a mountain stream that runs down a long way into a valley, but on the way the stream was held up in hundreds of little pools (bath tubs). We ended up at one, got out the swim clothing and after a few dives in the cool mountain water I took out my Diana to take some photos.

The photo to the left is of Yalmar and is one of the photos I like best. The moment I took this was right after he had given me his most "randy/weird/ridiculous" look he could. I often ask people to give me such a look for two reasons. People who are somewhat camera shy (Yal, you know I think you're great, but you were a bit camera shy at first) like my friend here often think they're not photogenic so I try to lure them out with something ridiculous so they believe the photo will fail or at least they can't look as bad in a normal pic as the they will now. Little do they know that those are often the very best photos which makes up my second reason. Like I said, this photo was of Yal feeling relaxed after his first ridic shot. Which BTW I am saving until tomorrow ;)


I don't know what you guys think, but I really love the colours and sometimes can't believe that all these different photos came from the same camera and roll of film. Not only the colours are great, but also the way Loes, Yal and Rose look. Young, happy people always have a knack of lookig great in photos.

And to finish up this post I want to emphasize that good company leads to good dinners, but also leads to great photos.
I hope you like the photos I've posted today!
In any case I like them very much, and next to having great photos I think back to that day with fondness.


No comments:

Post a Comment