Thursday 22 September 2011

Holiday in France - Part 1 - The cameras

Like I mentioned in my last post we went on holiday in France. Of course I took way too many cameras with me and in my camera bag I had my Nikon D200, Holga, Diana and SprocketRocket. On the Holga and Diana I shot 120 film roll on 6x6 (although I screwed that one up as some of you may have noticed on the photo to the left).
I took quite a lot of photos on both the digital as the film cameras and I will be showing the film photos on the blog over the coming days.
Starting off today with a couple of Holga photos.

Read on after the jump >>>





Right. As I was saying I took quite a lote of cameras with me on this holiday and shot quite a lot of photos as well. I shot four rolls of 120 film roll (well that's quite a lot to me) and two rolls on the 35mm film. Many of the photos came out great, but the roll that probably came out best has yet to be printed. I had the roll developed, but the printer wasn't able to find the mask and was thus unable to print. I have looked at the negatives (cross processed E-6 film)(Xpro) and they look absolutely amazing. I think the colours are really vibrant and they seem to be incredibly sharp. Well, I will update on that one when I get them printed.


One of the reasons I was able to take so many cameras with me is because they weigh absolutely nothing. Which incidentally is one of the reasons I love these cameras.
To sum up my reasons to love these cameras
- They are cheap
- They weigh next to nothing
- You never know what the results are going to be (but are often really nice)
- They are easy to use
- They are expendable (except for the film you already shot inside of it)
 - Oh, and they make you look cool and interesting ;)

So, now you know!
I could easily talk for another hour of your precious time about these cameras, but I am going to leave you all at peace and back to your daily routines, for I fear that I have bored you long enough.
Just to make something clear:
The photo to the right wasn't shot in France, but was actually one of the shots that was still on the roll when we went off to the Alps (this is shot at the entrance of our local zoo!) (oh, and, Penguins rule!!)

Tomorrow I will show you more of the Holiday pics.






No comments:

Post a Comment