Friday 23 September 2011

Holiday in France - Part 2 - I took these too

Part 2 of the Holiday Photos. This post is called "I took these too", which sounds a bit derisive although not meant that way (well a bit). The thing is that you will always have photos you love, photos you like, photos you rather like, photos you don't really like and photos you find ridiculous. These photos fall into one of the middle categories. I do like a lot about the photos, but they may have something in it I don't like so much (although I think the photo to the left pretty okay, and I rather like it :) ).

I like to discuss the picking of photos in this post so read on after the jump >>>>




The photo to the right has some appealing aspects such as the detail and the weird Lomo stuff that is going on at the top. On the other hand I dislike the colours and the composition. This has made me deem this photo as one of the middle categories.

So what do you do with those photos?
I never posted them, and just let them use up ones and zeroes on my hard drives or collect dust in one of my 'film' boxes. Then I thought of Wade Griffith who once said: "If some people love your photo and some hate it, then you probably have a good one", and maybe it's the same for photos I dislike.
So I started posting those as well.


This photo to the left is of my dear friend Loes. We and our partners went swimming in one of the most idyllic places I've ever seen. I shot about two rolls of film and one of those was sadly the one that has yet to be printed :(
But back to the photo.
I look the colours and the composition somewhat, the lighting is okay and the subject nice. I even like the slightly blurry bit, but what I dislike that nothing is happening in this photo. I do have a photo like this which is a lot better, but that one I will be posting tomorrow.

I am really curious as to what you think of these photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment