Wednesday 29 September 2010

Day 9 - Coffee Break

Today I felt a bit tired and the headache didn't help either. Of course I tributed it to going out last night, but as it turned out all I needed was a cup of fresh coffee.
And although I didn't found that out till after shooting a couple of frames of this black gold of gods I was absolutely grateful to a friend of mine who suggested I make this picture.
Thank you sooo much :D

More after the jump....




Product Photography


Product photography is a field of photography I haven't much dabbled in. With a macrobox (a box where you can put an object in and which softens any light source that you want to hit the object with) lighting becomes somewhat easy, plus the shooting of inanimate objects never really drew me that much, and especially not if the surroundings are boring (which they tend to get when all around it is clear white). In general all products in ads or stuff like that are shot in a macrobox and I will soon show you some macrobox photography of my own. So instead of getting (actually making it, because I threw the old one out) a macrobox I decided to do on the tabletop with hard light sources and see what I would get.
This is somewhat difficult because you don't want annoying specular highlights (remember, those were the shiny bits on Beethoven's collar)!

After not to long I decided I had a few nice shots, and brought them upstairs for post production. Normally I do little to none post production, but with these shots I tweaked the blacks (mind you not the background, that is as black as it gets and I did that in camera) and the contrast a bit and pressed export in Lightroom (a programme where I develop and postprod my pictures).

Then I had only one question left, and that was which to pick.....
Since that has been my bane up till now, I once more would like to ask you which you like best.

The top picture (regular one), or the bottom (the slightly more painted/arty like) picture??
Don't forget to click on the photos to get a better (larger) view of them!

Please let me know in the comment section below.

Cheers,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment