Saturday 25 September 2010

Day 4 - Hipstamatic

 Well this day was a weird one. I went to bed around 8.30am this morning after skipping the night, but during the previous day I bought a new app for my iPhone and I love it.
Just have a quick look at the pic to the left and read on on the pros and cons on this app.

More after the jump.....







 *landed roughly in the shimmering light* well there we are again after the jump.
As I stated earlier I bought a new app yesterday and I think it is amazing. Since a couple of weeks I have been listening to several photography podcasts and The Photography Show is one of my favourites. It has only been out there for a couple of weeks (months) and its a great podcast. They were talking about this new app Hipstamatic and were really praising it.
I downloaded it and have fallen in love with it!

I am still trying to get the hang of it, but I'm getting there, quickly.
It is an app with which you make 1x1 (6x6) pictures in classic ways. It simulates all that old school stuff you really like, but you're usually not ready to mask over in PhotoShop or something like it.
The good thing about Hipstamatic is that you just shoot and get one of these rad pics.


Some pros about the app are:
- you always have your camera handy (it's in you pocket. Try stuffing a DSLR in that)
- It's fun
- You can upload where ever you are to mail, FB, twitter, and something else I've forgotten
- You won't be tempted to change you settings all the time (of the mask of the pictures)
- You're pictures always look amazing no matter you're shooting a hallway or a trainstation at a way to early time of day

Of course of all things the app has a few cons as well


- When saving in a larger format (but still only so-so format) the app takes a long time before it allows you to take another photo.
- There are no real explanations that should come with the different options, you just have to try them out one at a time
- It does not always give a constant stream of similar results.


All and all I absolutely love the app and will be shooting with it a lot in the coming days.




No comments:

Post a Comment