Wednesday 2 March 2011

Oldies on the wall

Since I am no longer sticking to the 365 format I can finally post about older photos as well.
I have a set of photos I would like you to see and preferably comment on.
All in black and white which is something I love, but aren't really adept in.
More after the jump.....



People

 As most of you by now probably know, I love to photograph people most of all. I have tried sports, landscapes, animals and all sorts of stuff, but I like portrait and streetphotography the best by far.
I like to work with people (hey, maybe that's why I became a teacher), but I especially like to try and bring an emotion into a picture. Humans always seem to bring me just that.
Portrait photography in my opinion is something that only succeeds when photographer and model have some sort of chemistry.
I love finding out what makes the other person ticks and working with that.



 For all these photos I used black and white, because it seemed to fit them, well sort of at least. I have been trying to shoot BnW deliberatly, but it is something that slightly eludes me still.
Most of these photos are conversions from colour to BnW and may still need some tweaking (I am learning about that process now through Art of Photography by Ted Forbes).

All these photos are going to end up on my wall soon (as soon as I can find a printer) and will be big (100cm x 66cm or larger).





I personally like the photos, but I would still really appreciate your opinions on them.
So as of old, please leave your comments in the comment section below.....

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex!

    I love black and white photos! They´re simple and complex at the same time. I really like the emotions shown in the first two pictures.

    ReplyDelete